The truth is, most of us already know what we need to do to get unstuck - whether it's with our work, our weight, our relationships, or our finances. . So why aren't we doing it? That's the $64,000 question... Getting unstuck is actually more about changing your beliefs than it is changing your behavior. Because once you a.) believe change is possible and, b.) have the expectation that your actions will result in a more positive future, it's not hard to start behaving your way to success.
So let's take a look at some of the beliefs that might be keeping you stuck. See if any of the following describe you:
- You know what changes you need to make but you’re not making them
- Your life is basically good, but there’s one area that you keep avoiding (think hard, overachievers)
- You know what you want but you have no idea how to get there so you’re not doing anything
- When you think about changing your life, you feel totally overwhelmed and taking a nap suddenly sounds like a much better idea
- You are living other people’s ideas about who you are and ignoring your own
- You’ve lost a job, a loved one or a nest egg and it’s got you completely shut down
- You feel like you’re missing out on something and if you don’t go after it now, you may regret it forever
- You’re afraid that if you fail, it means that you are a failure
- You’re afraid that if you succeed, no one will love you anymore
- You are being held back by the same thing that held you back last year, five years ago, maybe your entire life
I'm going to make the same offer to you that I made in the very first chapter of my book You Unstuck. If you read the book and faithfully follow the simple guidelines for linking positive beliefs to behavior and still you don't get where you want to go (that means keeping it real, people), call me and I'll give you a complimentary coaching consultation. Really. Doesn't get easier than that!