Whether you’re a stay-at-home mom, corporate employee or small business owner, you have a reputation and image. Once you understand that when you define your brand, you design your life – you’re on your way to creating the personal and professional life you really want to live. Here are five strategies to help you define your personal brand:
- Understand that you are your brand, so it must be consistent with your authentic values, gifts and goals.
- Stand out from the crowd by identifying what makes you unique and memorable.
- Craft an “elevator speech,” that is, an introduction brief enough to deliver on a short elevator ride that answers the question, “So what do you do?”
- Broadcast your brand by taking the risk to speak up at social events, community function and networking meetings.
- Expand your brand by continuing to set goals for personal excellence and continuous improvement.
To learn more about branding, get my 2 CD Workshop "Branding You: 5 Strategies for Creating a Powerful Personal Brand," available in my store at http://libbygill.com/store.
Until next time, Libby Gill Brand Strategist, Executive Coach, Keynote Speaker