Sometimes in life, it doesn't matter how hard we try, or even if we employ all the help around us, we're simply STUCK. On February 16, I’ll begin coaching my next course on defining your best life and career possible. As an executive coach, I always try to bring a fresh perspective -- that's the magic around a course and a coach -- sometimes it's just enough outside perspective to help us see things differently.
How do you KNOW if you’re stuck to begin with? Let’s see if any of these describe you:
- You know what changes you need to make but you’re not making them
- You know what you want but you have no idea how to get there
- When you think about change, you feel totally overwhelmed
- Your life is basically good, but there’s one area that you keep avoiding
- You are living other people’s ideas about who you are and ignoring your own
- You are being held back by the same thing that held you back last year, five years ago, maybe your entire life
- You’ve lost a job, a loved one, or a nest egg and it’s got you totally shut down
- You’re willing to change everything about your life except the one thing you know will make the real difference
- You’re embarrassed to tell one more person what you want to do with your life
- No one wants to listen to you talk about what you want because they don’t believe you’ll ever change
- You feel like you’re missing out on something and if you don’t go after it now, you may regret it forever
- You’re scared to go after the one thing you really want, because if you don’t get it, what does that say about you
- You’re afraid that if you fail, it means that you are a failure
- You’re afraid if you succeed, no one will love you anymore
The truth is, you already know that all you need to do is change your behavior to change your life. If you’ve been laid off or you hate your job, you need to get your resume together and start interviewing. If you want to find a romantic partner, you join a singles group or an online dating service. If you’re overweight, you hire a trainer or start moving more and eating less. It’s all pretty straightforward. But if it’s so easy, why aren’t you doing it? And if you are doing it, why hasn’t it been working?
Because getting you unstuck is less about changing your behavior than it is about changing your beliefs. Let me support you on your journey to get unstuck and to start living your best life and building your career dreams. Register for my You Unstuck Course at http://libbygill.com/coaching-courses.
To your amazing life, Libby Gill, Branding Expert, Bestselling Author, and Executive Coach http://libbygill.com/coaching-courses