ATTENTION PRODUCERS & HOSTS:
Feel free to use or adapt these questions for your background and preparation to interview Libby about her work as an executive coach, leadership expert, and bestselling author.
Libby’s latest book: The Hope-Driven Leader: Harness the Power of Positivity at Work
- Why is having hope so important right now?
- Is there really a science behind hopefulness?Why did you begin researching and writing about the topic of hope?
- You say hope IS a strategy. What do you mean by that?
- How can having hope help you deal with change, challenge, and chaos?
- What are the differences between hope and optimism?
- What do you mean when you say “hope” is the most overlooked element of leadership and corporate culture?
- What skills do you cover in The Hope-Driven Leader?
- How can leaders feed hope in their teams and organizations?
You Unstuck: Mastering the New Rules of Risk-taking in Work and Life
- What inspired you to write your book, You Unstuck: Mastering the New Rules of Risk-taking?
- You make an amazing promise right in the first chapter of You Unstuck. You say that you will personally coach anyone who follows your program faithfully and doesn’t get positive results. Aren’t you taking a big risk with a guarantee like that?
- Why are people so fearful of change and how can leaders help overcome that resistance?
- As a coach for entrepreneurs and executives from all over the country, you’ve gotten a lot of people unstuck. Have you ever been stuck in your personal or professional life?
- Why do we get so excited about our goals and plans and then just drop off over time?
Capture the Mindshare and the Market Share Will Follow
- Unless you’re a mega-company, is it really necessary to have a brand? And what about people working within corporations? Do they need a brand?
- You tell people that they have to “capture the mindshare” of their customers or clients. What do you mean by that?
- Your book outlines Seven Core Mindshare Methods that you say are critical to having a successful brand. What are they?
- I’ve heard you say that there are three “make or break” elements that every WOW website must have. What are they?
- You helped launch the Dr. Phil Show? How did you come to work with him? What was your strategy behind the launch?
- You left a good job in the corporate world to start over as an executive coach. What led you to that decision? Was it a difficult transition?
- What are some of the most common challenges you encounter working with leaders?
- What are some creative ways leaders can recognize and reward their employees for work well done?
- You work with lots of organizations all over the world. What do you think are some of the biggest trends in the workplace?
- If you could have your childhood dream job, what would you be doing right now?