Libby chats with applied behavioral scientist, leadership development expert, and the CEO of HUMiN Inclusion Partners, Mitch Shepard. Mitch has been working with diverse people from various walks of life for the past 25 years, beginning with nearly a decade spent leading people on wilderness expeditions, guiding teams to achieve extraordinarily challenging goals despite often unpredictable environments and ever-changing landscapes. In 2015 Mitch expanded her reach and impact by curating a diverse and extraordinary team of coaches, trainers, consultants, and DEI experts. HUMiN is known for its creative, pragmatic, actionable, and measurable approach to building the habits and behaviors of inclusion, at every level.
Libby and Mitch discuss:
- Her unique path and everything living off grid and experiencing different cultures taught her about diversity
- The depth and importance of diversity in the workplace
- What it means to be diversity and cultural intelligent
- Measuring manager effectiveness and inclusive leadership
- Why real change requires long term learning and long term practice
- How inclusion drives innovation
- And much more
HUMiN Inclusion Partners has become a trusted voice in the ever-growing focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. The company doesn’t only focus on the hottest topics—race, and gender—but incorporates other spectrums of diversity as well. From unleashing the best in introverts & extroverts to understanding and communicating effectively across cultures, navigating generations at work, leveraging neurodiversity and more. Mitch lives in Seattle WA, with her husband and two children.
Connect with Mitch: