Libby is joined in the lab by Holly Gordon. Holly is the Chief Impact Officer at Participant Media, overseeing the company’s social impact strategy and campaigns and furthering Participant’s mission to create storytelling that inspires positive social change. These global, multi-year campaigns are driven by the company’s content and powered by strategic partnerships to address the most important issues of our time.
Libby and Holly discuss:
- What exactly a Chief Impact Officer does
- The challenges and rewards Holly finds as a leader in life and business
- How Participant uses storytelling to drive change
- Understanding the strengths of women versus men
- The direct correlation between leadership and skill development
- Creating a culture of coaching instead of demanding and directing
- Why uncertainty can be harmful and ways to find a sense of certainty
- How to enrich your own leadership experience
Prior to joining Participant, Gordon co-founded Girl Rising, a global campaign for girls’ education. Selected by Fast Company as a member of the League of Extraordinary Women and named by Newsweek/Daily Beast as one of 125 Women of Impact, Gordon is also an executive producer for the Girl Rising film at the center of the movement. Forbes Magazine named the Girl Rising campaign the #1 Most Dynamic Social Initiative of 2012. In 2015, Holly was selected as a Presidential Leadership Scholar and currently serves on the boards of MAKERS and Girl Rising.