Founder of WorkMarket (acquired by ADP), Jeff Wald joins the Leadership Lab to talk about the future of the workplace and his book, The End of Jobs. WorkMarket is an enterprise software platform that enables companies to manage freelancers. Jeff also founded Spinback, a social sharing platform (purchased by salesforce.com). Jeff began his career in finance, serving as managing director at activist investment firm Barington Capital Group, vice president at private equity investment firm GlenRock, and various roles in the M&A Group at JP Morgan.
- Why life-longing learning and adaptability are critical to our success
- What data and history tells us about the future of work
- The importance of a fluid, team-based, ‘always on’ job mentality
- Why you must be either “hard human or hard tech”
- Why you shouldn’t let anyone outwork you
- The silver-lining of the COVID workplace and how working women will ultimately benefit
- Tips on creating self-serving routines and hacks that lead to productivity and happiness
Jeff is an active angel investor and startup advisor, as well as serving on numerous public and private boards. He formerly served as an officer in the Auxiliary Unit of the New York Police Department. Jeff is the author of The Birthday Rules and the Amazon Bestseller The End of Jobs: The Rise of On-Demand Workers and Agile Corporations. Jeff frequently speaks at conferences and in the media on startups and labor issues.
Connect with Jeff: