Libby is joined by Edie Givens, Senior Vice President of People and Organization at Sony Pictures. Edie is an expert in all things human resources and has a passion for working with women. Edie started in the tech industry in the Silicon Valley before being recruited to work for Sony and takes great pride in the business transformations she has helped to implement at the studio.
In this episode Libby and Edie discuss:
- How not having a streaming platform allows Sony to focus on content development
- Edie’s transition from tech to the entertainment industry
- Edie’s tips to help women in the workplace obtain leadership roles
- What it’s like working with big named talent and the magic of working at Sony
- Moving towards a hybrid work-from-home model
- How to make your presence known
- What it means to ‘own it’
If you’re curious about what it takes to make it in the entertainment industry, be sure to listen to this episode for more resources and information!
Connect with Edie: